I taught CSE648: Privacy and Security in Online Social Media in Fall 2017 semester. We had 108 students taking the course for credits, and 5 Teaching Assistants. We also had 2 Research Associates helping with the course. There were in total 22 projects developed as part of the course. It was wonderful to see the projects spanning all popular networks, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Tinder, Foursquare, YouTube and many networks that are designed for specific purposes like Twitch, SoundCloud, GoodReads. The intention for this blog is to capture all the projects related details and share it widely for larger audience. Thanks to all the wonderful work by students in the class.
Poster presentation was attended by at least 100 people. Below is the customary picture of the entire class with all Students, Teaching Assistants, and Evaluators from the poster presentation and for more pictures, please see here. Below is the list of all 22 projects (arranged in the alphabetical order of project name) with the following details: Project name | Students involved | Project description | Video | Picture taken from the poster presentation. All blogs, videos were developed by the students, we (instructor, TAs) do not take any responsibility for the content produced (both quality and the details).
- Buyout | Mayank, Pulkit, Divay, Sahil, Kunal Sharma | Blog | Video
- Enhancing Privacy on FB | Ujjwal Kanodia, Prashant Saini, Prankul Singh, Himanshu Negi | Blog | Video
- FixBook | Gargi Gupta, Varnit Jain, Aayushi Malik, Ishbir Walia, Pahal Krishnia | Blog | Video
- FriendFarmer | Gurek Singh, Hemant Rattey, Atul Mathur, Kartik Mathur | Blog | Video
- Identifying Facebook profiles from Tinder profiles | Karan Grover, Ritvik Agarwal, Shrey Bagroy, Simran saxena, Shambhavi Singh, Shubham Chauhan | Blog | Video
- Identifying fake reviews on goodreads | Prateek Kumar Yadav, Ojasvi Aggarwal, Prerna Kalla | Blog | Video
- iFROOSN | Sahil Babbar, Akash Kumar Gautam, Mayank Kumar, Shyam Agrawal | Blog | Video
- LetsTinder | Darvesh Punia, Hirak Chandravanshi, Aditya Diundi, Nandika, Vasu Chand | Blog | Video
- PC : Privacy Control | Himanshu Pahadia, Nitin Kumar, Utsav Dave, Bhrigu Gupta, Mohammad Sameer Malik, Shivam Rustogi | Blog | Video
- Prediction and Analysis on Foursquare | Azhar Tak, Sumeet Bhardwaj, Aman Varma, Nickey Kumar, Sanidhya Daeeyya | Blog | Video
- Preventing Inference Attacks on OSN | Anand Kumar, Akash Gautam, Vedaint , Gaurav Yadav | Blog | Video
- Preventing Molestation using Twitter | Ronak Kumar, Harsh, Ritaban Basu, Mohd Saquib, Mayur Vilas Shingote | Blog | Video
- Project YouTube | Abhishek Baliyan, Rahul Manchanda, Utkarsh Singh, Vikas Godara, Vivek Negi | Blog | Video
- Racism on reddit | Ashutosh, Abhishek, Shreya, Aarushi, Shivani | Blog | Video
- RainCheck for SoundCloud | Akshat Sharda, Anisha Sejwal, Arushi Kumar, Ishita Verma, Prachi Singh, Rishi Mohan | Blog | Video
- Safe Than Sorry | Shiven Mian, Madhav Varma, Parikshit Diwan, Mridul Gupta | Blog | Video
- Social Bot Detection in Twitch | Mayank Bhoria, Tushita Rathore, Akhil Goel, Sarthika Dhawan, Shreyash Arya | Blog | Video
- Social Policing: Analyzing Real World Policing on Social Media | Aravinda Kumaran, Sanchit Sinha, Subramanyam Dantu, Suril Mehta, Mohit Agarwal, Tanmay Goyal | Blog | Video
- SteemEarn | Nitin Yadav, Umesh Umesh, Rishabh Khatri, Ashutosh Kumar | Blog | Video 1 | Video 2
- The Blue Whale Challenge: A Social Analysis | Shaan Chopra, Abhinav Khattar, Karan Dabas, Kshitij Gupta | Blog | Video
- TweetyLeaks | Pranav Nambiar, Prashant, Sourav, Tanishq, Vanshit, Siddharth | Blog | Video
- Youtube video Clickbait Detection | Nikhil M Prasanna, Anshul Anil Gaur, Ojasvi Singh Randhawa, Aditya Dwivedi, Avadh Yadav, Nishant Yadav | Blog | Video
Thanks to the students who gave feedback for the course, I received 4.1 or more on 5 for all parameters of evaluation. Parameters of evaluation were, Course Outcomes, Course Organization, Course Administration and Instruction, and Post conditions.
Stay tuned for updates from the edition that I am teaching this Fall 2018 at IIITH!